Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2 rough daily poems for January 19th, 2010

For Charlie In Winter

To wake beneath the wing of night
and know your heart
is to know that the dark has no intentions
and only you can distract yourself
from your fear of hearing
the mother-bird's awful shriek
as she lowers her deep crop, reaching---
Is to know you are never abandoned child.
You are never abandoned.

(Khidr [hidder] is the guide of souls in Sufi Mystic belief)


When Khidr Greets You

Because I can see you without seeing you
but I cannot recall your smell,

because I can bear the bell note of your laughter without hearing
but cannot call back your touch,

You have become a vision
in a song,

who once breathed persimmon sweetness upon my cheek,
and parted my hair with kisses.

It is not enough, this longing in my other senses.
And it is all.

No comments: